Art.Downtown. | April 12 2013 | SiTE:LAB | 54 Jefferson Ave
On Friday, April 12, SiTE:LAB will be occupying the old Grand Rapids Public Museum for an innovative, one-night-only project. The event is scheduled to coincide with ArtDowntown, and will be open to the public free of charge from 6 to 11 p.m.
SiTE:LAB is teaming up with Not Design, a local collaborative studio, to convert the Mammal Hall into a letterpress workshop and residency for college art and design students and other artists. The event will also include performances, demonstrations and an "art-battle" TYPE competition between teams of college art students.
Grand Rapids Public Museum
· Hope College
- Stephanie Milanowski: Graphic Design
· Kendall College of Art and Design
- Gayle DeBruyn: Collaborative Design Studies
- Phil Renato: Capturing Attention
- Max Shangle
· Western Michigan University
- Chris Fox: Graphic Design
- Nichole Maury: Printmaking
· ArtifactGR http://artifactgr.org/
· Not Design http://thinknotdesign.com/
· Citizenshirt http://www.citizenshirt.com/
· Dance In The Annex http://www.danceintheannex.com/
* more info coming soon!
SiTE:LAB creates temporary site-specific art projects aimed at facilitating dynamic collaborations between the art, design, education, business and cultural communities of Grand Rapids.
This event has been made possible through the generosity of the Grand Rapids Public Museum and the City of Grand Rapids.