e Grand Rapids
2. September's Bride Holland
3. Miomanni Designs Grand Rapids
4. Chantal's Fashion Apparel / For the Love of Shoes Saugatuck
5. Swirls Boutique Grand Rapids
6. Chai Boutique / Off the Cuff Grand Rapids
7. Sydney's Boutique Grand Rapids
8. Fitzgerald's Men's Store Grand Rapids
9. Blue Boutique Grand Rapids
10. Apparel Artistry *ArtPrize Fashion Ambassador* Grand Rapids
Competing teams are given 3 hours to create 4 original looks that must be styled, photographed and projected for the audience as well as a panel of professional judges to evaluate. The winning teams are selected through judges' scores and a popular vote by the audience.
Prize money is awarded based on overall concept, set design, completed looks as well as final projected images. Two cash prizes are up for grabs: A $2,000 Jury Award and a $1,000 Popular Vote Award.
Spotlight616 has chosen 7 respected creative fashion professionals to be on the official Judge's Panel:
1. Brian Weaver - VP of Creative Services at Kenneth Cole (NY)
2. Tim Priest - Fashion Photographer and Owner of Prete Photo
3. Gwen O'Brien - President of Plenty Creative
4. Jim Murray - General Manager of AK Rikk's and A.K.A.
5. Marianne Bockheim - Founder of Intelligent Beauty
6. Kaite Lyn Christoffersen - Stylist and Owner of Cheeky Strut Salon
7. Natasha Ohlman - Co-Owner, Creative Director, Fashion/Set Stylist at TreAvanti; Model
Spotlight616 has selected Artists Creating Together (ACT) as our charity partner. For each ticket sold, 10% will go directly to supporting this non-profit organization whose outreach programs brings students with disabilities together with artists and art projects. Additionally, we will be auctioning off an original piece of artwork and 5 custom designed shirts created during Style Battle just for the fashion-forward crowd.
*New For 2012* - Guest Styling Stations! Have your hair and makeup done during Style Battle with a portion of the proceeds to go to our charity, Artists Creating Together. Styling stations will be open from 5:30pm-8:30pm. Advanced reservations required. Discount Style Battle tickets will be made available to any guests booking one or more of the services offered.
Doors open to the public at 6:30pm; Competition begins at 7:00pm; Runway show begins at 10:15pm; Afterparty immediately following
DJ Lineup: Alexander Roelandt, Crispin Klemp, Todd Ernst, and DJ Slim Tim
Presale General Admission Tickets - $25 | Presale VIP Tickets, Level 1 - $40; Level 2 - $65
At-the-Door Tickets - $30 | At-the-Door Student Tickets (with current student ID) - $15
This is an all ages event
Tickets may be purchased at http://stylebattlegr.brownpapertickets.com/
You can find more details about Style Battle on the Spotlight616 website:http://spotlight616.com/stylebattle