Dash Down Division
Saturday, February 25 - 9:30 am
Presented by The Salvation Army Kroc Center and Grand Rapids Parks & Recreation
Whether you are a seasoned runner interested in testing your winter fitness level or someone looking to maintain their New Year resolution to become fit, we welcome you to become a part of the inaugural Dash Down Division 5k run/walk that will start and end at The Salvation Army Kroc Center. The run course is flat and fast and will take place on Division Avenue. Participants will be able to enjoy the Kroc Center and its many amenities after the race.
- Chip Timing
- Kroc Center Day Pass (for future visit)
- Childcare for runners with children ($5 additional charge)
- Unique awards to age group winners
- Door prizes from Fitness Things, Direct Fitness, BSN, Kroc Center, Grand Rapids Parks and Recreation
- After the race enjoy refreshments, door prizes and the many amenities of the Kroc Center including the aquatic center, climbing wall, gymnasium, ice skating rink, and sledding hill.
Registration and Packet Pick Up
Online registration opens December 1, 2011. Registration forms can also be faxed to the Kroc Center at 616-452-3440 or completed at the Kroc Center up until the start of the race.Ā Registrations are non-refundable and non-transferable. Race packets and on-site registration will be available at the Kroc Center on Friday, February 24 from 5-7 pm.
Limited parking is available in the main parking lot of the Kroc Center. Participants are encouraged to park in the East lot off of Alger Street, side streets, and the Brookside Elementary Parking lot. Proceeds from the Dash Down Division will be used to support the recreation scholarship fund given to local children who live at or below the poverty level.